Try a brownie recipe with TWO secret ingredients! Chocolate stout beer adds depth and complexity, while black beans add protein and fiber. 🤫
- 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup chocolate stout beer
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon chocolate stout beer
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Using a blender or food processor, blend beans and stout until smooth. In a mixing bowl, combine bean mixture, eggs, melted butter, vanilla, and salt. Stir until mixed.
- In another mixing bowl whisk together flour, cane sugar, cocoa powder, and brown sugar.
- Add dry into wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter in prepared baking pan and bake for 48 minutes. Cool completely before glazing.
- For glaze, stir together confectioner’s sugar, milk, and stout. Drizzle over cooled brownies and serve.
SERVES 9 • TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 10 MINS • VEGETARIAN
Recipe provided by INFRA.