We’re heating things up with a NEW recipe! Check out this Spicy North African Veggie Burger with Turmeric Pickles. Be sure to add it to your summer weekend menu with the fam!
Turmeric Pickles Ingredients:
- 1 cup WoodstockⓇ Organic Sliced Kosher Dill Pickles
- 1/2 cup pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
Veggie Burger Ingredients:
- 2 cups mashed sweet potato
- 1 1/4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 -15 ounce can black beans, drained, coarsely mashed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/3 cup WoodstockⓇ Organic Cashews, coarsely ground
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 toasted bun
- 1 tablespoon of WoodstockⓇ Organic Mayo (contains eggs)
- 2-3 slices bib lettuce
- shaved red onion
Turmeric Pickles Directions (make the night before!):
- In a medium sized bowl combine pickle juice and spices, stir to combine.
- Add pickles and coat evenly.
- Place in an airtight container and refrigerate overnight.
Veggie Burger Directions:
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Measure 1/2 cup of mixture and form into a ball then press into a patty.
- Place formed patties on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake patties for 30-40 minutes, flipping after 20 minutes. For slightly drier patty, increase cooking time by 5 minutes.
- Place bib lettuce on the bottom half of toasted bun.
- Place sweet potato patty on top of bib lettuce.
- Top with turmeric pickles, red onion, mayo and top of bun.
10 SERVINGS • VEGETARIAN
Recipe provided by WOODSTOCK FOODS.