Take a holiday ham to the next level with this sweet and slightly spicy honey glaze!
- 1 fully-cooked, bone-in smoked half ham (approximately 9 pounds)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Place ham in large roasting pan, flat side down, along with 1 1/2 cups water. Cover with foil. Bake 70 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, stir together honey, apricot preserves, and cayenne pepper. Heat on medium-low until preserves liquify, stirring frequently. Set aside.
- Remove foil from ham. Brush generously with glaze. Bake uncovered 40–50 minutes or until dark golden brown and ham is heated through, brushing with glaze every 10 minutes. Add additional water as needed to prevent pan from burning. Remove from oven.
GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE • SERVES 4 • TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 20 MINS
Recipe provided by INFRA.