Your favorite crispy takeout staple gets reimagined as the base for Asian-inspired nachos. These cream cheese wonton nachos are the best of semi-homemade. Combining a few different ingredients in an unexpected way, these nachos are sure to be a hit at your next gathering. If you can’t find gomasio, opt for plain sesame seeds, and don’t shy away from adding your favorite nacho toppings. A little fresh cilantro or diced tomato would add a touch of freshness and lighten the dish. These are made for sharing, so invite your friends over and make a batch!
- 1 dozen cream cheese wontons, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup store-bought cheese sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 2 green scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 large serrano chili, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon gomasio (Japanese sesame salt)
- Prepare wontons according to package instructions.
- Heat cheese sauce in a microwave for 30-60 seconds, stirring occasionally until smooth and pourable.
- Arrange wontons on a serving plate and layer on toppings in order listed. Serve promptly.
SERVES 4 • TOTAL TIME: 20 MINS • VEGETARIAN
Recipe provided by INFRA.