While you munch on these delicious, prepared pecans, please see our blog for a new study that found those who regularly ate pecans lowered total and LDL cholesterol levels.
- 16 oz pecan halves
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat pecans in melted butter. Combine salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, chili powder, paprika, and cumin in a clean, heavy paper bag. Add pecans and shake well to coat.
- Spread nuts on baking sheet and roast for about 10 minutes until lightly browned and fragrant. Do not allow to burn.
- Let cool to enjoy warm; then store remainder in an airtight container.
SERVES 16 • PREP TIME: 5 MINS • COOK TIME: 10 MINS • VEGETARIAN
Recipe inspired by our blog: Pecans Improve Lipids