Leftover hardboiled eggs? This egg toast is a fun twist on your favorite avocado toast. Make sure you use a fine grater, like a zester or microplane, for the fluffiest egg toast you’ve ever seen. Whether you need to use up those eggs or you’re trying to add more protein to your meals, put an egg on it! This recipe was popularized on TikTok, where users often innovate seemingly simple dishes. You can use any hot sauce you have on hand, but sriracha is a popular choice. Best of all, you can personalize this to your own tastes. Go heavy on the pepper, try mayo instead of butter or skip it all together, add a sprinkle of lemon zest, it’s up to you!
- 2 thick slices sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, and sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- Hot sauce, to taste
- Toast bread until desired doneness. Spread the top of each toasted bread slice with butter.
- Place half the sliced avocado onto each piece of toast. Using a fork, gently mash avocado evenly. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a microplane or other fine zester, grate hard-boiled egg onto avocado.
- Drizzle with your favorite hot sauce and serve.
SERVES 2 • TOTAL TIME: 15 MINS • VEGETARIAN
Recipe provided by INFRA.