You’ll add this wonderful salsa to many dishes. While you do, please see our blog for a new study that found mango-eaters had better levels of vitamins and minerals and consumed less salt and added sugars.
- 1 large mango, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1/4 c red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeno chili pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 c scallion, green and white parts, chopped
- 2-3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2-3 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients together, cover and allow to sit for 30 to 40 minutes to meld flavors before serving. Enjoy on toast, with corn chips, or your favorite cracker. Store in refrigerator for up to one week.
SERVES 4-6 • PREP TIME: 10 MINS • REST TIME: 30-40 MINS • VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE
Recipe inspired by our blog: Healthy Mango