One-pot recipes for the win! Switch up your typical protein and try this dish where boneless, skinless turkey is the star. This bird is not just for Thanksgiving time! Solidify this lean meat as a year-long staple in your kitchen by pulling out your cast-iron and giving this recipe a whirl. Everything cooks in one dish, so not only will you love your creation, you’ll relish the easy clean-up!
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large yellow onion, julienned
- 1 large red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless turkey breast, thinly sliced
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 14-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- In large skillet, heat two tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add peppers; sauté for 3-5 minutes or until just tender, transfer to plate.
- Add remaining oil and onions to the hot skillet and sauté onions until tender.
- Add turkey and garlic, cook, stirring frequently, until turkey is no longer pink.
- Add tomatoes, seasonings, honey, and vinegar. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook until turkey reaches an internal temperature of 170°F.
- Return peppers to the skillet and warm through. Adjust seasoning to taste and serve.
GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE • TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR • SERVES 4
Recipe provided by INFRA.