Looking for a fun beverage for your next fall gathering? Infuse cider with your favorite fall baking spices and add bubbles—either sparkling juice or the adults-only prosecco. This sparkling spiced cider is easy enough to pull off for unexpected guests.
- 1 gallon apple cider
- 1 1/2 cups pear juice
- 1 (750 ml) bottle prosecco or sparkling pear juice
- 4 oranges, sliced (divided)
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 6 cloves
- 2-star anise
- 2 Honeycrisp apples, cored and sliced
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme
- In a 6-quart stockpot, bring apple cider, pear juice, half of the orange slices, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and star anise to just under a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and carefully strain into a large serving vessel, top with prosecco or sparkling pear juice. Serve warm, garnish with remaining orange slices, apple slices, and fresh thyme sprigs.
SERVES 10 • TOTAL TIME: 25 MINS • GLUTEN-FREE, VEGAN
Recipe provided by INFRA.