Crispy treats are a textbook dessert you can make whenever. With Dandies® Mini Peppermint Flavored Marshmallows and some chocolate, you can turn a basic recipe into a holiday classic that you can share with your vegan & non-vegan guests! You can even give as gift.
- One (10 ounce) package of Dandies® Mini Peppermint Flavored Marshmallows, divided
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 cups rice crisp cereal
- 8 popsicle or lollipop sticks
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Measure 1/2 cup of Peppermint Dandies and set aside. In a large, microwave-safe bowl, place the rest of the Peppermint Dandies, vegan butter, and water. Microwave in 45-second intervals, stirring at the end of each one, until the marshmallows become very fluffy and cloud-like.
- Add the rice crisp cereal and 1/2 cup of Dandies, then fold everything together until all cereal crisps are covered in marshmallow mixture. Transfer to an 8×8-inch baking dish and allow to cool for 30 minutes or more before cutting.
- Next, cut the treats into 9 equal pieces and insert a stick into each one.
- In a drinking glass, place chocolate chips and coconut oil, heat mixture in microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring each time, until the chips are melted completely, and mixture is smooth. Make sure not to overheat the chocolate.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper, then proceed to dunk each crispy treat into the chocolate about halfway. Let excess drip off, then place on wax paper.
- Repeat with all treats, then place the baking sheet in the refrigerator to chill for 20 minutes and allow chocolate to set quickly. Serve after or wrap in plastic and ribbon to serve as treats for later!
SERVES 9 • VEGAN
Recipe provided by Dandies® Vegan Marshmallows.