These cheddar & chive smashed potatoes are simply elegant! Equal emphasis on the simple and the elegant. Cheddar and fresh chives combine for the perfect side dish. Plus, it’s #Vegan!
- 1 pound baby potatoes
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 bag Daiya Cutting Board Collection Cheddar Style Shreds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- Place potatoes in a large pot of salted water. Bring to a boil; then cook, covered for 8-10 minutes or until fork tender. Drain in a colander.
- Place in a lightly greased baking sheet, and with the back of a fork gently press until the potatoes burst. Continue until all potatoes are smashed.
- Drizzle with avocado oil and sprinkle bag of Daiya Cheddar Style Shreds on potatoes until evenly coated. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and potatoes are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and garnish with freshly chopped chives.
SERVES 4 • TOTAL TIME: 40 MINS • VEGAN
Recipe provided by INFRA.