While you enjoy this scrumptious fish dish, please see our post for a new study that found those who regularly ate fish were more likely to maintain healthy lung function.
- 1 lb Yukon gold or red potatoes, skin on, scrubbed, cubed
- 1 lb mushrooms (shiitake, oyster, crimini) trimmed, sliced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled, sliced
- 1 lb cod, grouper, halibut or salmon cut into 4 portions
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Herbes de Provence or Italian seasoning
Heat oven to 425F. Toss potatoes and mushrooms with 1 tbsp of the oil. Add salt and pepper. Transfer to a 9 x 13-inch baking dish and roast until tender, 30-40 minutes. Add garlic to the potatoes and mushrooms and place fish on top. Drizzle with lemon juice and last tbsp of oil. Sprinkle herbs on top and bake until fish is opaque in the center, 10-15 minutes. Serve immediately.
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 40-55 minutes Serves: 4
Recipe inspired by our blog: Fish for Lung Health