Plain kefir is a great substitute for buttermilk in almost any recipe, especially this ranch-style dressing recipe. Nutrient-dense avocados lend a velvety texture and vibrant hue to the dressing. It can be used as a dip for raw vegetables or over salad greens.
- 3/4 cup Redwood Hill Farm Plain Kefir
- 1/2 avocado
- 2-3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or white vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh herbs (like
- chives, parsley, tarragon, or dill)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- A few dashes of your favorite hot sauce, Optional
1 Combine all ingredients in a small food processor or blender.
2 Blend for 30 seconds-one minute or until smooth.
3 Season to taste with salt and fresh black pepper.
5 MIN • GLUTEN-FREE • VEGETARIAN
Recipe provided by INFRA.