While you could dress some greens with a bottled dressing and call it a salad, a little bit of effort pays off here. With a whisk and a can opener, you can make a salad that you’re actually excited to eat! The dressing is a little bit spicy, a little bit sweet, and a whole lot of delicious. Plus, adding some fermented cabbage gives you a dose of gut-friendly probiotics. Cannellini beans and ripe avocado make this salad feel like a meal. Crunchy, creamy, tangy, and umami, this salad has it all!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 – 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 ounces mixed greens
- 15-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 large ripe avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup fermented cabbage
- 1 medium shallot, julienned
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds or hemp hearts
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- Whisk together dressing ingredients in a small bowl until emulsified. Adjust seasonings to taste and set aside.
- Divide greens between two bowls and top with beans, sprouts, sliced avocado, fermented cabbage, and shallots. Sprinkle on sesame seeds or hemp hearts and chia seeds.
- Drizzle on dressing and serve promptly
VEGAN • SERVES 2 • 20 MINS
Recipe provided by INFRA.