Sweet, spicy, crisp, and refreshing. Forget your usual potluck sides and make this watermelon jicama salad instead! It’s both hydrating and delicious!
- 3 pounds watermelon
- 1 1/2 pounds jicama
- 2 scallions
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime Juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 medium serrano pepper, seeded and minced
- Prepare salad ingredients. Peel and chop watermelon. Peel jicama and cut into matchsticks. Thinly slice scallions.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients, adjust heat to taste.
- Toss dressing with jicama and watermelon in a large bowl. Top with scallions and serve.
SERVES 4-6 • TOTAL TIME: 25 MINS • VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE, GRAIN-FREE
Recipe provided by INFRA.
p.s. “…there are no commercially available GMO watermelons!” Read about it here.