Squash the rules with this vegetarian dish. 🧡 Perfect for autumn or your holiday feast!
- 2 large acorn squash, cut in half lengthwise, seeds removed
- 1/2 cup Field Day Organic White Rice
- 1 cup Field Day Organic Vegetable Broth
- 3 tablespoons Field Day olive oil, divided
- 3/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 3/4 cup Field Day Organic Cut Green Beans
- 1/4 cup Field Day Organic Dried Sweetened Cranberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon Field Day Organic Dried Thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon Field Day Organic Dried Rosemary Whole
- 1/2 teaspoon Field Day Organic Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Field Day ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F.
- Slice each squash in half lengthwise and use a spoon to remove and discard the seeds. Brush each half with olive oil (about 1 tablespoon total between all 4 halves) and sprinkle with some salt and pepper. Set face down on a baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes, until fork tender.
- Cook rice according to package directions in vegetable broth.
- While the rice is cooking add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onions, celery, dried thyme, dried rosemary, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and cook for 6-7 minutes until softened.
- Stir in green beans, cranberries, and chopped parsley.
- Once the rice is cooked, stir it into the vegetable mixture.
- Reduce oven heat to 350˚F. Remove the squash and carefully flip over. Fill each squash with rice mixture. Return to the oven for an additional 10-15 minutes. Serve warm.
SERVES 4 • PREP TIME: 15 MINS • COOK TIME: 45 MINS • VEGATERIAN
Recipe provided by Field Day.