- 5 ounces taco seasoned plant-based crumbles
- 1 15-ounce can refried black beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dairy-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup cashew queso
- 2 Roma tomatoes, quartered and sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cilantro sprigs
- Prepare crumbles based on package instructions. Keep warm. Dice half of the red onion. Thinly slice the other half and save to use as the topping.
- In a saute pan on medium heat, heat oil and saute half of the onion (diced) until translucent. Add garlic and cook for a minute; then add beans and tomatoes. Bring to a simmer and cook for five minutes, adding water as needed.
- To serve, spread beans in a shallow serving dish followed with a layer of crumbles. Drizzle on sour cream and cashew queso. Top crumbles with onion, tomato, jalapeno, cayenne and cilantro. Enjoy with tortilla chips.
1 HR • SERVES 4 • VEGAN
Recipe provided by INFRA.