Full of protein and dressed with a creamy homemade Caesar dressing, this salad is quick and satisfying. Don’t skimp on all the extras! We love the textures and flavors that the toppings bring, from rich avocado to tangy pickled red onion and crunchy tortilla chips. Romaine lettuce holds up well to the warm beans and taco filling, but feel free to substitute your favorite hearty green.
- 3.4-ounce package taco seasoned plant-based crumbles
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup pickled red onion, drained
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan
- 3 ounces corn tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Cook taco crumbles based on the package instructions. Stir in black beans and heat until warmed through.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Place warm crumbles and black beans as the base of the salad on plates. Arrange romaine, pickled onion, avocado, cilantro, and parmesan on top. Drizzle salads with dressing and top with broken tortilla chips.
SERVES 2-3 • TOTAL TIME: 40 MINS • VEGETARIAN, GLUTEN-FREE
Recipe provided by INFRA.