Make this vibrant, flavorful squash the side-dish star of your next gathering. This recipe relies on pantry staples, so you can whip this up whenever the mood strikes. The bold flavor of fresh herbs and tangy yogurt feel anything but last minute. Adaptable for special diets, this veggie will be a welcome addition to every holiday menu. Pair this with a salad of winter greens and cooked grains for a light but filling lunch or serve it alongside a roast pork loin to wow your next dinner date.
- 3 pounds Kuri squash
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Pinch of sea salt and ground black pepper
*Substitute yogurt for a plant-based version and swap out honey for agave to make vegan.
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Peel and seed squash. Cut into large 3-inch pieces.
- Toss squash with olive oil and salt and spread evenly onto a baking sheet.
- Roast in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until squash is tender and edges are browned. Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- Stir together yogurt, lemon juice, honey, thyme, salt, and pepper in a small bowl to make a sauce. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Transfer squash to a serving tray and spoon on sauce.
TOTAL TIME: 35 MINS • SERVES 4-6
Recipe provided by INFRA.