With all the flavors of the fall, these Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies are the perfect way to celebrate the season! Although we’d gladly open a can just for these cookies, if you’re already cooking with pumpkin puree, these cookies are the perfect way to use the last bit.
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup Farmers Market Pumpkin Puree
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium size bowl, cream the butter, ½ cup sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla together.
- Add in the egg yolk and pumpkin puree and stir until combined.
- Sift in the flour, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix until a stiff batter forms.
- In a small bowl, toss together 1 teaspoon cinnamon and ¼ cup sugar for coating.
- Scoop out two tablespoons of dough and roll into a ball, toss into the sugar and cinnamon mixture, and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool, and enjoy!
SERVES 3-4 • TOTAL TIME: 30 MINS • VEGETARIAN
Recipe provided by INFRA.