Perfect for a lunchtime treat or an after-school snack, these bars play on the classic PB&J flavor combination that your family already loves. They even include a handful of nuts or trail mix to add a satisfying crunch and a little extra protein! Delicately sweet and with a crumbly texture, these bars are a lovely reimagination of a childhood comfort.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, cold
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 2/3 cup nut mix or trail mix
- 3/4 cup nut butter
- 3/4 cup fruit jam
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix flour, brown sugar, and salt together in a large mixing bowl. Cut in butter until a coarse meal forms.
- Stir in oats and press a little more than half of this mixture in a parchment-lined 9 x 13 inch baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Dollop nut butter and jam onto crust.
- Stir in nut mix or trail mix with remaining oat mixture and sprinkle over the top and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting.
VEGETARIAN • 1 HR, 5 MINS • SERVES 8-10
Recipe provided by INFRA.