With baked sweet potato puree and that healthy pantry of canned tuna, these easy mini tuna cakes are an elegant meal solution for lunch or dinner. Serve on a bed of greens or simply with lemon wedges.
- 1/2 medium sized sweet potato
- 1 can (5 ounces) Wild Planet Albacore Wild Tuna, undrained
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Ground pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut a sweet potato in half lengthwise and place one hale flat side down on the parchment paper.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the sweet potato half is soft when tested with a fork.
- Scoop out the inside of the sweet potato half into a bowl and add the Wild Planet Albacore Wild Tuna, egg, breadcrumbs, green onion, carrot, lemon zest, parsley, and black pepper. Mix until combined, lightly breaking up the tuna while mixing.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Shape about 1/4 cup of the tuna mixture into a small round cake and cook in the heated frying pan for two to three minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat with the rest of the tuna mixture.
SERVES 2 • 1 HR
Recipe provided by INFRA.