For a light lunch or satisfying snack, try topping Lightly Salted Rice Cakes with Basil Chicken Salad! Our recipe calls for fresh herbs and Greek yogurt to create a creamy texture and tangy flavor that’s perfectly balanced by organic brown rice. Plus, this pairing is packed with protein and plenty of whole grains to fill you up without weighing you down. Isn’t that delicious?
- 8 Lundberg Organic Brown Rice Cakes
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 2 cups red grapes, halved
- 2 cups Honeycrisp apples, diced
- 2/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup almonds, chopped
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cups basil, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons dill, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- Basil, for garnish
- Parsley, for garnish
- Black pepper, for garnish
- Season chicken breasts with sea salt and sauté in neutral oil on medium-high, turning occasionally. Cook until internal temperature reaches 165° F. Let rest for 10 minutes, dice, and refrigerate in a large bowl until cooled.
- Add grapes, apples, red onion, and almonds to chilled chicken. Stir to fully incorporate. Add Greek yogurt, mayo, basil, honey, dill, sea salt, and black pepper. Fold to fully incorporate.
- Spread on Lundberg Organic Lightly Salted Rice Cakes. Top with basil, parsley, and black pepper. Enjoy!
SERVES 4-8 • TOTAL TIME: 1 HR • GLUTEN-FREE
Recipe provided by INFRA.