Looking for the perfect side dish for your next grill night? Look no further! This Grilled Corn and Peach Salad combines the season’s peak produce with the smoky fire of the grill. Make it the star of the show with some grilled chicken or scallops
- 1 cup farro
- 2 peaches, segmented
- 2 ears of corn
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 3 cups baby kale
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cane sugar or agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- In a medium saucepan, cover farro generously with water. Add a pinch of salt and bring to a simmer. Cook for 20-30 minutes or until farro is tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare corn for grilling by pulling back husks to the base and removing the silk. Fold husks back into place and submerge corn in a large bowl of cold water to soak for at least 30 minutes. While soaking, preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove corn from water and shake off excess. Place the corn on the grill, and grill for 15 to 20 minutes, turning every five minutes, or until kernels are tender. Remove the husks and remove the kernels once cool enough to handle.
- Combine corn kernels, farro, peaches, tomatoes, avocado, and kale.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients and toss with salad. Adjust seasoning to taste and serve promptly.
SERVES 4-6 • TOTAL TIME: 60 MINS | VEGAN
Recipe provided by INFRA.