This dish features all the hits: it comes together fast, features a knockout glaze, and packs a variety of nutrients in one bowl! The key component here is the gochujang glazed tofu baked to perfection, along with fresh veggies, like radishes and cukes to add a fresh crunch. Lime, cilantro and peanuts finish it all off with a bright zip you’ll love! If you’ve grown bored of rice, why not try it over rice noodles or your favorite grain? It’s also great with tempeh, instead of tofu. Customize it to suit your tastes, but rest assured if you’re using this recipe as a base, it will be a winner.
- 1 pound extra firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons gochujang paste
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Chinese cabbage
- 2 large radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cucumber slices
- 1/4 cup julienned red onions
- 6 springs fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (optional)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice
- ¼ cup roasted, salted peanuts, chopped
1 Preheat oven to 375F.
2 Stir together gochujang paste, tamari, olive oil, agave, garlic, and pepper in a small bowl.
3 Slice tofu into desired shapes and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Brush on glaze, coating all sides, reserving 2 tablespoons.
4 Bake tofu in oven for 40 minutes, flipping halfway through. Continue to cook tofu until edges are nicely browned. Brush on reserved glaze.
5 Meanwhile, prepare vegetable mix by combining all vegetables in a bowl. Whisk together dressing and toss with vegetables.
6 To serve, evenly divide rice between serving bowls, top with vegetable mixture and glazed tofu. Garnish with chopped peanuts.
VEGETARIAN • 45 MINS • SERVES 2-3