Whether you’re hitting the trails or embarking on a summer road trip, having a convenient and nutritious snack on hand is a must! That’s where these Chocolate Trail Mix Bars come in.
Packed with all the goodness of trail mix, including nuts, seeds, and dried fruit, these bars are the perfect fuel for any adventure. Plus, they’re super easy to make and can be customized to your liking. One of the best things about these bars is their portability. Simply pack them in a reusable container or wrap them in wax paper for a grab-and-go snack that’s perfect for hiking, camping, or any outdoor activity. And because they’re made with whole ingredients like oats, nuts, and dried fruit, you’ll feel satisfied and energized for hours.
Not only are these bars convenient and nutritious, but they’re also affordable. Making your own snacks at home is a great way to save money, and these bars can be made in large batches to last you through multiple adventures. You can also get most of the ingredients from the bulk section, so you can avoid the single-use packaging that normally comes with granola bars.
Next time you’re gearing up for an outdoor adventure, don’t forget to make a batch of Chocolate Trail Mix Bars!
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup trail mix
- 1/2 cup mixed roasted nuts, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup currants
- 1/2 cup honey or brown rice syrup
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 ounces chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 350° F. In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine oats, trail mix, nuts, chocolate chips, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, and currants.
- Heat peanut butter and honey in a small saucepan and stir until bubbling. Pour over oat mixture and stir until well blended and everything is coated.
- Line a 9”x9” baking pan with parchment paper. Add mixture to the pan and with wet hands, press mixture flat.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Allow bars to cool before removing from the pan.
- Cut into eight bars and place on a cooling rack.
- Fill a medium-sized pot with two inches of water and place a heatproof metal or glass mixing bowl on top. You want it to fit snugly without touching the water. Bring the water to a simmer over medium-low heat. Add the chocolate and avocado oil to the bowl and stir until melted and combined. Drizzle the chocolate over the cooled bars.
MAKES 8 • TOTAL TIME: 35 MINS • GLUTEN-FREE, VEGETERIAN
Recipe provided by INFRA.