Indulgent yet surprisingly healthy, this brunch star packs a protein punch to keep you fortified throughout the day!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Navitas Organics Cacao Powder
- 2 1/4 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tablespoons Navitas Organics Chia Powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 3/4 cups gluten-free baking flour
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup Navitas Organics Cacao & Greens Essential Blend
- 1/4 cup Navitas Organics Cacao Nibs
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Fresh strawberries, for serving
- Add the syrup ingredients to a small pot over low heat. Gently warm until the coconut oil is melted while whisking everything together. Remove from heat and cover to keep at temperature.
- Whisk together the almond milk and chia powder in a large bowl. Add the olive oil and maple syrup, whisking to incorporate. In a medium bowl, add the flour, oats, essential blend, cacao nibs, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until just combined, using as few strokes as possible.
- Warm a large griddle or non-stick pan over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Working in batches, spoon about 1/3 cup of the batter at a time to make pancakes, spreading out a little with a spoon if batter is too thick. Cook until golden brown on each side, flipping once, and keep in a warm oven until all the pancakes are made. Serve drizzled with a little chocolate syrup and fresh strawberries.
SERVES 4-6 • 15 MIN • VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE
Recipe provided by INFRA.