Soaking cashews softens them and allows you to create a smooth, rich, and creamy sauce. With the help of some umami-packed additions, cashews are transformed with your favorite Tex-Mex flavors. Looking for a savory snack that will satisfy all your guests? This cashew queso dip checks all the boxes! Enjoy it with tortilla chips, use it to top your favorite chili, or dip veggies. Is it a dip? A topping? A condiment? Whatever vehicle you choose and whatever you call it, if you’re eating cashew queso dip, you’re winning!
- 1 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/2 sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 small avocado, cubed
- 1/3 cup guajillo salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed chilies
- 1-2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- Soak cashews in cool water for 4 hours. Drain.
- Place cashews in a blender with 1 cup water, garlic, yeast, tomatoes, salt, chili powder, and turmeric. Blend until smooth.
- Place cashew mixture in a lidded container and store covered in refrigerator until ready to use.
- To serve, warm cashew mixture gently until hot, place in a serving vessel, and top with avocado, salsa, crushed chilies, and hemp hearts. Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy.
SERVES 2 • TOTAL TIME: 20 MINS • VEGAN & GLUTEN-FREE
Recipe provided by INFRA.