Give a whole new dimension of flavor to your mashed potatoes and enjoy more savory in every bite with this recipe from Bonafide Provisions! AND a little bonus – Bonafide is on sale this month!
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, washed and peeled
- 3 tablespoons Bonafide Provisions Turkey Bone Broth
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter or ghee
- 1/2 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 3 tablespoons grass-fed butter or ghee
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Chopped chives, for garnish
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan or pot. Fill with enough water to cover 1 inch over their tops. Bring to a light boil over medium-high heat and add 2 teaspoons of sea salt. Cover and cook potatoes for 25 minutes until very fork-tender. Drain and set aside to slightly cool and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- In a large pan over high heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Add in diced onion and lower the heat to medium-low. Cook for 4-5 minutes until soft. Add in bone broth and continue cooking for 4-5 minutes until the liquid begins to thicken up a bit. Stir frequently. When ready, transfer the onions to the bowl of potatoes.
- Add oil to pan and saute garlic cloves on low heat for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Transfer to the mixing bowl.
- Mash your potatoes using a potato mashers
- Add in coconut cream, butter, garlic, salt, and black pepper and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
GLUTEN-FREE • 45 MINS • SERVES 6
Recipe provided by INFRA.