In a few short steps, you can elevate simple store-bought ingredients into a decadent crowd-pleasing appetizer. Whether you choose to serve this before the main meal or it’s the star of the show for your holiday happy hour, no one will be disappointed to see this baked brie with almonds and cranberries on the table. Luxurious and creamy, yet this impressive presentation comes together in a snap. Who doesn’t love cheese and crackers?
- 2 1/2 cup cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave syrup
- I tablespoon orange juice
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 small wheel of brie
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place cranberries, honey, and orange juice in a small saucepan. Bring to a gentle simmer over medium heat. Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring gently until sauce has thickened and cranberries are tender. Set aside to cool.
- Place almonds on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 3-5 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Transfer to a small plate to cool.
- Line the same baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the wheel of brie on the lined baking sheet and bake for 10- 12 minutes. Remove brie from oven and transfer to serving dish.
- Spoon cranberries on top of the brie and sprinkle with toasted almonds. Serve promptly with your favorite crackers or baguette slices.
30 MINS • SERVES 4
Recipe provided by INFRA.