Spring is in the air! With this asparagus pappardelle, you can have spring in your bowl too! Plus you can have dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup minced shallots
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound pappardelle pasta
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces (discard woody parts)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded asiago cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 ounce fresh dill, stemmed
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
Heat oil in a large saucepan and add shallots. Cook shallots until translucent then add garlic and cook for a minute. Add cream and bring to a gentle simmer. Add shredded cheese and stir until melted. Reduce heat to low.
Cook pasta as directed on package. Add asparagus and peas one minute before pasta is done. Strain and add to sauce.
Toss pasta to coat and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with dill and serve promptly.
SERVES 4 • TOTAL TIME: 25 MINS • VEGETARIAN
Recipe provided by INFRA.